1. Rinse measured amount of Quinoa in a strainer under cold water for about one minute. This removes a bitter resin that coats the grain.
2. The ratio of Quinoa to water is 1:2. For example, one cup of Quinoa requires two cups of water.
3.Bring water to a boil, add Quinoa, cover and cook about 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
4. Fluff Quinoa with a fork.
Variations: Instead of Water…
- Use same amount of broth or stock ~ Mix one part fruit juice and one part water
- Sauté Quinoa in olive oil until lightly browned before adding to liquid.