Makes four (4) servings
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1 cup water
½ cup quinoa
2 teaspoons olive oil
¼ cup finely chopped onion
¼ cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
1 egg white slightly beaten
4 salmon fillets (about 3 oz each)
Sprigs of fresh dill
1. Rinse quinoa before cooking to remove the coating of a bitter substance called saponins.
2. Bring water to a boil
3. Stir in quinoa, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until wall water is absorbed.
4. While quinoa is cooking, sauté onion and red peppers in olive oil, just until soft.
5. Combine with cooked quinoa.
6. Dip salmon into egg white and dredge in quinoa mixture.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
8. Garnish with sprigs of fresh dill.
Suggestion: Serve with Mango-salsa, purchase from the store or home-made.
1 fillet = 300 cal, Protein = 30 grams, Carbs = 16 grams, Fat = 15 grams