Makes four (4) servings
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup Quinoa
½ cup brown rice
21/4 cups water or vegetable broth
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup dried apricots
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Rinse quinoa before cooking to remove the coating of a bitter substance called saponins.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium size pan.
3. Add pecans, brown rice and quinoa, sauté gently about two minutes.
4. Transfer to a baking dish, add water or broth, cranberries and apricots and cover tightly.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. (All liquid should be absorbed)
6. Allow to stand for about 10 minutes.
7. Fluff up and ENJOY!
Nutrition facts: 1 serving= 180 cal, Protein = 6 grams, Carbs = 27 grams, Fat =8.5grams