Makes about 6 servings
1 cup water
½ cup quinoa
2 cans fat-free cream of mushroom soup (or homemade if preferred)
½ cup skim milk
8 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
10 oz package frozen broccoli, cooked and drained
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Rinse quinoa before cooking to remove the coating of a bitter substance called saponins.
2. Bring water to a boil
3. Stir in quinoa, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until wall water is absorbed.
4. Stir together milk and soup
5. Ladle 1/3 of mixture into bottom of a 12×8” oven proof pan
6. Arrange 1/2 of egg slices on top of soup mixture
7. Layer 1/2 quinoa; 1/2 broccoli;1/3 soup
8. Repeat layers; broccoli covered with soup will be on top.
9. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition facts: 160 calories;12.5gm carbohydrates; 10.5gm protein; 5 gm fat
Variations: Try other soups or sauces and vegetables. It is great with asparagus and cheese sauce!