1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
½ cup almonds
½ tablespoon olive oil
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green onion, thinly slice
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 cup sliced thinly zucchini
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1.Rinse quinoa before cooking to remove the coating of a bitter substance called saponins.
2. Bring water to a boil.
3. Stir in quinoa, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
4. While quinoa is cooking, toast almonds in the oven until lightly browned and crisp. This will take 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
5. Heat olive oil in a skillet, sauté carrots, zucchini and garlic (do not overcook garlic-it will become bitter) until slightly tender.
6. Stir together all ingredients (except parsley) and cool in the refrigerator.
7. After cooled, stir in parsley and…
Nutrition facts: 363calories: 38 g carbs, 12g protein, 19g (healthy) fat