1 cup quinoa
1 red pepper, diced
2 green onions, thinly slice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cups water
1/2 cup watercress
1. Rinse quinoa before cooking to remove the coating of a bitter substance called saponins.
2. Sauté quinoa in olive oil, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until quinoa is lightly toasted.
3. Bring water to a boil.
4. Stir in quinoa, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
5. While quinoa is cooking, add red pepper and green onion to the oil, and sauté just a few minutes more.
6. Combine quinoa, red peppers and green onions.
7. Allow quinoa mixture to cool.
8. Tear the watercress into bite-sized pieces and gently fold into quinoa mixture.
Nutrition facts: 114 calories: 15g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 5g fat,