1 cup quinoa
2 cups water or vegetable broth
1 cup *fresh or frozen
1 red pepper, diced
1. Rinse quinoa before cooking to remove the coating of a bitter substance called saponins.
2. Dry toast in a skillet until grains begin to pop.
3. Bring water or broth to a boil.
4. Stir in quinoa, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes.
5. Add peas and red pepper
6. Continue to simmer (about 3 minutes) until peas and red pepper are heated through and all of the liquid is absorbed.
*If you use fresh peas, they need to be parboiled for about 15 minutes.
Nutrition facts: 4 servings: 215 calories: 38g carbs, 9 g protein, 3g fat,