1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
Fresh herb of your choice (about 1-2 tablespoons; tastes may differ)
1. Rinse quinoa before cooking to remove the coating of a bitter substance called saponins.
2. Bring water to a boil.
3. Stir in quinoa, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Allow quinoa to partially cool
5. Chop or finely slice herb; if using rosemary, first remove leaves from its sprigs.
6. Stir into partially cooled quinoa.
7. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutrition facts: 107 calories; 19 gm carbs; 4 gm pro; 2 gm fat,